Tuesday, November 13, 2012

First three

Here is where we stand so far on the treat making.  First I made the standard fudge with marshmallows and canned milk.  My second candy was Peanut Butter Fudge.  I took the recipe I found and tweaked it.  The recipe online was made with peanut butter, sugar, canned milk, and vanilla.  I added about a cup and a half of marshmallows.  The kids love it especially Kian.  Last night I got the ingredients together for Rice krispie treats.  Kris ended up making those with a little recipe tweaking againg.  Just as the marshmallows finished melting we added 2 teaspoons of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Once we took it off the heat and added the cereal we then added a quarter bag of premier white vanilla chips.   I understand it was great.   I, of course, have not been trying any of this.   Next will be peanut brittle or almond roca.  

1 comment:

David/Sue said...

Me too, Love it, not a lot of candy for me,